once i was at a party and they asked me what my dad did for a living and said that he died when i was 12 and of course i hear the collective “aaawww im so sorry”
and then i hear some girl whisper from the back “you’re halfway to becoming batman”
AND THAT IS HOW I MET ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS MORAL OF THE STORY IS IF YOU USE BLACK HUMOUR I WILL LOVE YOU
i think instead of the woman taking her husband’s name when they get married or doing the hyphenated thing
couples should just smash their last names together
so like if a Smith married a Grabowski you could be Smabowski or Grabith or Grasmithski
and then as the generations go on the names just get more and more ridiculous
why aren’t we doing this
Spell check is already bad enough at recognizing names.
Excuse me while I go get the genealogy book from my Dad’s side and look up the family tree on ancestry.com of my Mom’s side to figure out what my last name might be.
Proof of life:
If you ever want to see your precious URL again, well, stay tuned. Details to follow.
And this is the exact reason why I didn’t change my URL for Halloween lol Too many LGBTP stalkers of mine have been trying to get my URL for a bit now so they can slander my name and blog. #NeverGettingMINE! #CouchWolf4EVA
lol Yeahhhh, I was actually a little paranoid something like this would happen. I should’ve known Mecha would pull this! XD Thankfully, he’s a friend and not somebody who wishes to slander my name like some hateful people who’ve messaged us would.
Plus, I know where he lives, so there’s that. LOL
You could easily save your regular urls. That’s what almost everyone does. Create a sideblog - the original url doesn’t matter, change your main blog’s url, then change the side blog’s url to your main blog’s original url.
- Only the FIRST FIVE tags you use on a NEW POST show up in the tracked tags
- Only the FIRST TWENTY tags on any post on your blog function (i.e click tag #21 and it will say page not found)
- When you’re in your messages, you can click the top right corner of an ask & it will take you to a permalink page. Go to ‘edit’ (top right of page) and reply using the post edit screen (and add tags without an extension)
- Always Reblog, Never Repost
- Tumblr Etiquette: don’t delete the OPs caption, consider it part of the work as a whole.
- Don’t tag your hate. If you don’t like a character or show or whatever, don’t tag your new post with their name/title/whatever in the first five tags. It shows up in the tracked tags. People that track a tag do so normally cause they love a thing. Don’t ruin a thing. No one likes a ruiner.
- Tumblr default reblogs long text posts as links and its a pain in the ass. Who ever wants them as a link. No one, ever. When you’re reblogging a text post, go to the Aa drop down menu in the top right & select ‘reblog as text’.
- When you add a comment to a post, the OP sees it. Just so you know. There’s a whole etiquette on commenting vs tags but it’s your blog do what the fuck you want
- you can view all the posts made in a particular day on someone’s blog by typing the url http://blogname.tumblr.com/day/2012/12/23, the order is year, month, then day
- if somebody’s blog is blanked or their theme is dysfunctional and you hate it you can view the blog without a theme by adding /mobile to the url. use this power responsibly and don’t creep on people who don’t want to be creeped on, also if someone has an ip tracker and you don’t want to show up on their ip tracker view their blog under /mobile
- search on tumblr blogs is dysfunctional so use http://blogname.tumblr.com/tagged/insert-tag/ urls instead to find all posts with a particular tag
- reblogged copies of posts are never tracked in tumblr tags (tags on tumblr, not an individual blog) so if you’re tagging a reblog for it to be tracked don’t bother because you’re wasting your time
- 99.9% of the time you can’t you can’t get somebody’s street address from their IP address alone, stop thinking you can because you’re wrong and you don’t understand how IP addresses work.
- there’s a rumor going around that you can find the identity of an anon by blocking the anon and looking at your ignore list, this is wrong, blocking anons doesn’t add anybody to your ignore list.
- blocking the anon will ONLY prevent them from sending any more anons, they are not blocked off anon
- blocked people can’t see your posts on their dash if they’re following you, you will never see their posts in tags (though they can see your posts in tags), and you will never receive any asks they send, notifications from them will also be hidden
- get xkit, tumblr savior, tumblr hate and #wrap if you can, they will make your tumblr experience much more enjoyable
- if you try to respond to somebody who is not the op by reblogging the post from someone else rather than reblogging the person directly, the person will never know you made a response and will never see it!
- if you tag posts with trigger warnings, write “[trigger] tw” rather than “tw: [trigger]” so it’s easier for people to block with tumblr savior
- if you want to reblog a really graphic image, please click “reblog as link” and put a description in the link
- click the gear icon when making a post and you can add a source to your post, please do this for any content you post that you found on the internet and is not your own!
- pls be a little skeptical and double check to make sure you’re not reblogging and spreading false information, this is hard and we all let things slip but try and do your best!
“get xkit, tumblr savior, tumblr hate and #wrap if you can, they will make your tumblr experience much more enjoyable”
XKit actually has black/white list functions like savior, and a block posts option like tumblr hate, and a fix for the tags so they wrap, if you only want to manage one extension. (I still have tumblr savior as well, because xkit’s version is a little awkward with a really long list, but it is a pretty comprehensive extension.)
I’ve been tumblin’ a couple years and even I didn’t know all this. Tag this post so you can find it, and refer to it often.
So, every time my girlfriend comes over to my house, she lays down on the couch or bed (because its comfy, and blankets) and her change always “poops” out of pocket. So from now on, loose change is going to be known as Pocket Poop!
P.S. She dared me to post this. Hee hee. Love you Neko!
Behold my boyfriend. -_-
What I want to know is which of you you mature, eligible young adults came up with the phrase “pocket poop.”
i want to tell everyone in the world how much i adore lupita nyong’o but i doN’T KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE HER NAME please help me
Here’s a pronunciation vid she made. The tricky part is that the “Nyong” part of “Nyong’o” rhymes with “song.”
There are a number of students in my GCSE class that have behavioural issues and if they feel uncomfortable they can do anything from storm out of the classroom to throwing chairs and punching their tables. They’re great kids, they just dont always see the light at the end of the tunnel and when they are in stressful situations they dont know what to do other than lash out sometimes. They are 10 months away from their final exams and the pressure is being mounted on them in every aspect of their school lives.
Last week one of the students saw me making little origami stars. Its something I do when I’m feeling anxious to help me focus on something else. He asked if I could show him how to make them. He had been clenching his fists all lesson, which I’ve noticed is a tell that he is struggling to retain composure. I gave him a strip of paper and talked it through with him. Soon half of the class were asking me to show them. They all picked it up really quickly.
After about five minutes and about 8 stars later, the student sat back down and was in a much calmer and motivated mood for the rest of the lesson. Our next lesson I placed a box of paper strips on my desk and when I saw anyone getting worked up about their work I silently placed a strip in front of them and let them get on with it. The lesson after I was amazed to see that students would go up to the box of their own accord, pick up a few strips and head back to their desks to continue working after calming down.
Yesterday I brought a large jar into the classroom and placed my anxiety stars in there. The boys put their strsss stars in there too. When they fill the jar I’m going to bring sweets into the lesson to celebrate them working hard and working through their problems in a positive manner. I know I’m not the teacher they deserve just yet but I feel like I’ve made a big breakthrough with them.
art therapy is important.
We need more teachers like this